Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Movie filled weekend

We got to watch a lot of movies this past weekend. Four movies to be exact.

Confessions of a Shopaholic
I have a fondness for beautiful ladies who can make me laugh. It's one of the reasons why I'm with Cza.(*mush*) Rising star Isla Fisher was an excellent choice to star in this movie. She played shopaholic Rebecca Bloomwood with charm and humor.

Though this is considered a chick flick. It's a movie that even REAL MEN SUCH AS MYSELF can enjoy. It's not the type of movie that will get you to drop to the floor and burst out laughing. But it's funny enough and definitely worth watching.


Gran Torino
I've already watch this previously on DVD(click here for my review) . I went and watched it again since Cza hasn't watched it yet. I don't mind having to watch a movie again. Especially if it's a good one. Second time around, this movie is still awesome. I think I even enjoyed it more. There really is a difference between watching a movie at home on DVD and watching it on the cinema. I find watching in the cinema more enjoyable. And I guess it's also more fun to enjoy a good movie with other people. And I'm glad to say Cza liked this movie too.


Valkyrie
I've been looking forward to seeing this movie since it was still being shot. I wasn't excited about this because it starred Tom Cruise. I was excited to see it because it was directed by Bryan Singer. He's the director of X-Men, X-Men: United and Superman Returns. But I actually became a fan of Bryan Singer after watching his very first movie, The Usual Suspects. It's one of my favorite movies.

This movie is about a group of German soldiers plotting to assassinate Adolf Hitler. They do this to show the world that not all Germans are as evil as Hitler and his Nazis. This is based on a true story and if you read back on World War II history, you could already get an idea of how the movie is going to end. But though this movie is spoiled by history, Bryan Singer still managed to make this movie thrilling and even make you even hope that what you've learned in history class was wrong. There's not much action sequences in this movie. A whole lot more of chatting and plotting which remarkably will keep you on the edge of your seat.


He's just not that into you
This is a fairly enjoyable movie. It features intertwined characters and their experiences with relationships. Each story is different and quite interesting. But I have to say my favorite one would the story of Ginnifer Goodwins character.

Based on the title you'd think the stories would be rather one sided and that it would only show women and their bad experiences with men. But that's not the case. The movie features both sides of the story. There's even a story of a man and a girl who's not into him.

The movie has its fair share of funny and dramatic moments. And the star studded cast was nice to see. All in all it thought this movie ok.

1 comments:

Cza said...

ang mushy mo :P haha!

Post a Comment