Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Savory Chicken

On Sundays, Cza and I usually hear mass at Gateway and then have dinner afterwards. Last Sunday She gave me the task of deciding where to have dinner again. For some sort reason, I was in the mood for chicken. But I didn't want to eat chicken at the usual places we go to like kfc or pancake house. And then I remembered she took me to a restaurant in Ali Mall before where I was sure I enjoyed the chicken. I couldn't remember the name of the restaurant so I asked her. She knew right away which restaurant I was referring to upon hearing 'Yummy Chicken' and 'Ali Mall'. The name of the restaurant is Savory Chicken.


At Savory Chicken, we ordered the Cream of Crab and Corn Soup, 1/2 Chicken and 2 cups of rice(one cup for each of us)


The Cream of Crab and Corn Soup.
This Costs less than P200 and is totally worth it.
This was really nice and is good for 4 people. We
weren't able to finish this and ended up bringing
the left over home.



1/2 Savory Chicken
Our main reason for eating here. This Chicken
is excellent. It costs less than P200 as well.
May not look much in the picture. But this
chicken really tasty. Living up to it's
Savory name.



In case your like me and wasn't aware, Savory Chicken has actually been around for quite some time. Here's a brief history of Savory Chicken which I found on another website.

"In 1950, the Ting brothers put up a panciteria in Quiapo. The panciteria served only lomi until the brothers decided to expand the variety of their menu to meet the rising popularity of their restaurant. A special recipe for chicken and gravy was created which became popular among customers who would come to dine in their small restaurant. The special chicken recipe was famous for its tenderness and flavorful juicy taste. Soon, the Savory Chicken House opened its first branch in Escolta. "
















Picture of the Original Savory Chicken in Escolta.

1 comments:

Cza said...

wow! nice entry dear! :D nice pics too! way to go cammie! :D

Post a Comment