Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Pink Panther 2

Steve Martin is one of my favorite comedians. He has a certain style of humor which I find amusing. When I first read news a couple of years ago of him planning to star as Jacques Clouseau, in a prequel to the classic Pink Panther movies. I was afraid for him. The bumbling Inspector is a role immortalized by the late great Peter Sellers(pictured below). And it's a pretty bold move for Martins part to revive the character. I expected the first film to be a huge disappointment. Luckily, it turned out to be a fairly enjoyable film. Good enough to merit a sequel.

I haven't seen any of the original Pink Panther films. So I can't really say who does a better Clouseau. But in my opinion, I think Steve Martin has held his own with his rendition of the character.

The Pink Panther 2 delivers the same laughs and gags brought to us by it's predecessor. So if you enjoyed the first movie, it's fair to say you'll enjoy this one too.

The movie is a bit slap sticky and may not appeal to all. But this is the type of film that comes off as funny if you allow yourself to laugh at the ridiculous. The best way to enjoy this film is to leave all seriousness outside the cinema. Clear your mind, sit back and just have fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment