Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jogging


Cza and I decided to try out jogging. We both thought it's an excellent way to get in shape. Plus it's FREE! hehe

Originally we were supposed to go jogging around The Fort area. We see a lot of joggers whenever we go there. On our way there yesterday, while we were in traffic along Jupiter St. We decided to jog at Legaspi park instead. There is a jogging path there and it would be easier for us to find one another in case we get separated while jogging. And so off to Legaspi park we went..

The moment we got there, I knew it was a good idea already. It was already around 7pm and so the parking was free. Upon entering the park I was surprised to see a lot of joggers. A whole lot more than I expected. Which is actually a pleasant site. I got more motivated to jog. I jog regularly at the treadmill in the gym and I wanted to show off to the other joggers what I was capable of.

And so we started jogging. After two rounds around the jogging path, I was already out of breath. I'm really out of shape. hehe.. I forgot that jogging outdoors is not the same as on a treadmill. It's easier on the treadmill. Jogging outdoors is much harder but is more effective in my opinion.

I walked around the path for a while to catch my breath and started to jog again. I was able to jog five rounds this time(YES! my personal best!). I walked two rounds and jogged for three more. Walked two rounds again and jogged for a final 3 rounds.

I think we did pretty well on our first try at jogging. We're planning to do this regularly. I certainly hope we do. I used to jog regularly around San Lorenzo park back in college. I was also trying to loose weight back then. I remember liking it because it did help me loose weight and flatten my tummy up a bit. I think jogging is more effective than doing crunches. Well maybe the best way would be to do crunches and then jog after.. Anyway, let's see if our jogging will indeed help us in our quest for fitness.

3 comments:

Cza said...

naks.. quest for fitness pala ha. :P bat wala dito ang booboo ko? :P my twisted ankle needs some exposure too.. :P

arvic said...

ahahahaha.. isip ko kasi baka mas gusto mo na ikaw na mag kwento nun e. hehehe

ALiNe said...

Try nyo din mag jog sa salcedo park.. :)

Post a Comment